Planning Services and Permits
|Welcome to TRCA's Planning and Development department. We protect people, the watersheds we live in, and property with our development Regulation and by taking and active role in the planning and development of our region. We review development proposals that affect our watersheds and regulate development in valley and stream corridors, wetlands, and along the Lake Ontario shoreline.||Planning and Development Inquiries
Planning and Development
Phone: 416-661-6600 Extension 5271 or 5221
The TRCA Planning and Development division has moved to its new location at:
101 Exchange Avenue (Jane & 407)
Please note that although our office location has changed, we are keeping the same mailing address (5 Shoreham Dr.) and that staff's email addresses and phone numbers are not changing.
If you have an in-person appointment with one of our staff scheduled for after April 24, please click on the link above for our new location. Also, please contact the TRCA staff who arranged the appointment to confirm the location of the meeting.
Our new location offers easy access, ample parking, and convenient new facilities to help service TRCA Planning and Development clients. TRCA will continue to provide all of our services during the move period. However, please note that the walk-in service at 5 Shoreham Drive will close at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, April 29 and will resume at 101 Exchange Avenue on Thursday, April 30.
During this transition period, we encourage walk-in applicants to contact us in advance to schedule an appointment or to visit our website to take advantage of our convenient online resources at: http://www.trca.on.ca/planning-services-permits/regulation-area-search.dot
If you have a general inquiry about a property in the following municipalities, please contact the appropriate TRCA planner as follows:
- Richmond Hill or Markham: Jeff Thompson (416) 661-6600 x. 5386
- Mississauga or Brampton: Stephen Bohan (416) 661-6600 x. 5743
- Adjala-Tosorontio, Aurora, Caledon, King, Mono, Vaughan, or Whitchurch-Stouffville: Anant Patel (416) 661-6600 x. 5618
- Toronto- Scarborough or Toronto-North York: Jessica Bester (416) 661-6600 x. 5250
- Ajax, Pickering, Toronto-East York, Toronto-Etobicoke, or Uxbridge: Vanessa Aubrey (416) 661-6600 x. 5662
For solicitor realtor inquiries, contact Samantha Dupre at (416) 661-6600 x. 5723 or Kathy Padgett at (416) 661-6600 x. 5687.
If you have an environmental assessment inquiry, please contact the appropriate TRCA planner as follows:
- York Region: Simrat Pruthi – (416) 661-6600 x. 5744
- Toronto: Shirin Varzgani – (416) 661-6600 x. 5785
- Durham Region or Peel Region: Caroline Mugo – (416) 661-6600 x. 5689
- Enbridge: Annette Maher – (416) 661-6600 x. 5798
Please note that although we are keeping 5 Shoreham Drive as our mailing address, all couriers should be sent to: 101 Exchange Avenue, Vaughan, L4K 5R6.
Environmental Assessment and Infrastructure Permitting Services