For more information please contact Kate Goodale at 647-500-5889, email@example.com
Mill Pond Splash
Held annually in the Town of Richmond Hill since 1998, Mill Pond Splash is a unique eco festival that offers hands-on educational activities that motivate and encourage the public to make positive environmental changes in many spheres of their lives. Visitors gain an increased appreciation for the natural environment, the challenges facing the Don River watershed, and the solutions that we can all implement.
As the only annual eco festival in the Town of Richmond Hill, Mill Pond Splash provides an important opportunity for community associations, environmental NGOs, and local companies to promote their environmental efforts and encourage the public to become involved. Thousands of local residents have flocked to Mill Pond Splash over the last fifteen years to participate in the wide array of environmental education activities.
Mill Pond Splash is coordinated by a diverse range of people and organizations, including, the Town of Richmond Hill, the Don Watershed Regeneration Council, Evergreen, The Living City Foundation, and Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA).
- When is it happening?
- The Mill Pond Splash 2016 will be on June 5th 2015, from 11am to 4pm.
- Is there an admission fee?
- There is no admission fee – Mill Pond Splash is a free Eco Festival!
- Will there be food and water available?
- Yes! Local food vendors will be selling delicious food on Mill Street. York Region’s Tap’d in Mobile will also be on site, providing drinking water – so bring your re-usable water bottles!
- How do I get there?
- Where can I park my car / bike?
- Car parking is provided, free of charge, in the lot opposite Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, on Trench Street.
- Bikes can be left with the Town of Richmond Hill's bike valet, which will be located on Mill St.
- What if it rains?
- Mill Pond Splash happens rain or shine! However, the event will not continue in lightning and thunder.
- How can I get involved?
- Mill Pond Splash is made possible by the tireless dedication of dozens of volunteers. To learn more about volunteering to help organize Mill Pond Splash, click here.
- Any other questions?
- If you have any additional questions about Mill Pond Splash, please contact Kate Goodale at firstname.lastname@example.org