For more information please contact Michael Charendoff at 416-661-6600 ext. 5280, email@example.com
Mill Pond Splash 2014
Join us as we celebrate the Don River watershed at the 16th annual Mill Pond Splash, a FREE eco festival held at Mill Pond Park
Mill Pond Splash is a lively, family oriented event showcasing environmental conservation and our natural heritage. With wildlife displays, live music, tree and shrub planting, stream sampling, and environmental displays - there's lots to see and do!
Bring the whole family to the 16th annual Mill Pond Splash Eco Festival on Sunday June 1, 2014!
From 12:00 noon - 4:30 pm, visitors will participate in a wide range of free environmental education and engagement activities:
- Run, roll, laugh, and play as you learn about the watershed through children's games and activities
- Take part in the 'Amazing Eco-Race' and tree scavenger hunt
- Come face to face with mammals, reptiles, and birds of prey from Ontario
- Dig in! Plant a tree, pull an invasive species, and help protect Mill Pond Park's natural heritage
- Visit environmental groups and discover how to get involved in stewardship projects in your community
- Go on guided nature walks and learn cool facts about the natural environment
- Sample the stream
- Decorate a toad abode and take it home
- Paint nature scenes around the park
- And much more!
When: Sunday June 1, 2014, 12:00 noon - 4:30 pm
Where: Mill Pond Park, Richmond Hill
Parking is available in the lot opposite Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, on Trench Street.
Click here for public transportation options from Finch Subway Station.
For more information, please contact Michael Charendoff at
416-661-6600 ext. 5280, firstname.lastname@example.org